Pages

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Parmesan Cheese Butter Cake

This is my mummy's all-time favourite cake. You want to know why? Because my papa used to bake this cake every Sunday and....you know what. Then one day, the oven was fried by the lighting & my papa has stopped baking it ever-since. So, no more good cake for my mummy, me & my siblings too.

But not until I fell-in-love with baking. I've bake all kinds of cake I know but none one of them can really win my mummy's heart. One day, my papa gave me a recipe. I've tried the recipe & gave a piece to my mummy. And once again, she smiled & told, "I'm in-love again!".

Damn!! The story is like a god-damn fairytale! Anyway, as usual, I have modified the recipe. So, the recipe I'm about to share is my own recipe but whatever it is, my papa should have take all the credits because without him, I will never know about this recipe.

The recipe below is my own recipe;

Parmesan Cheese Butter Cake

Ingredient
200g all-purpose flour + 8g baking powder, sieved together (or 200g of self-rising flour)
120g brown sugar (or caster sugar)
170g butter (salted or unsalted)
50-60g Parmesan Cheese powder
3 eggs

Method
1. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter. Add in the cheese powder & sugar. Mix well.
2. Put in the egg one at a time to the mixture. Beat the egg until its fluffy & light. 
3. Add flour into the mixture. Using low speed, mix the flour. After the mixture is mixed, use high speed & beat the mixture at least for 1-2 minutes continuously.
4. Pour the mixture in a mould & bake in a pre-heated oven, 160'c until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool before serve.



Parmesan Cheese Butter Cake


My 1st tips, room-temperature ingredients makes everything easier.

2nd tip, if your cake were too pale, crank-up the temperature to the highest & bake until the degree of browning you like. But be careful not to burn your cake.

3rd tips, IMPORTANT!! You might ever saw a chef/baker in TV taught you to tap the cake tin or mould on the table for few times, so that the mixture of the cake can spread-out evenly on the mould. That is the more disastrous thing a chef/baker can ever do. Because when you tap the mould, the baking powder will sinks to the bottom & the air bubbles in the mixture will be released, causing you cake either won't rise or too hard & dry. Just give it a soft side-by-side & front-to-back shake. Don't worry if you cake mixture are not spread-out evenly because during the baking, the heat will melt the butter, causing the mixture to become 'watery' & it will slowly flow to the empty spot.

You might be wonder why I didn't tell you the exact time needed for the cake to be done baking. Because every person using different types & sizes of cake tin/mould. Different cake tin/mould, different time & temperature. So, please use your experience & observation to find-out the exact time for your cake with your own equipment needed. By the way, I'm using a 8" x 8" square aluminium cake tin.

And you might ask too why am I using brown sugar instead of caster sugar. First of all, I got a container of brown sugar & I don't want to waste it. Secondly, brown sugar is organic & have more flavour & taste less-sweet that our everyday genetic-modified sugar. But yet, you still can use caster sugar if you can't get any brown sugar. 120g of sugar is the most perfect sweetness for me (I like thing that less-sweet). So, for normal sweetness, 140g of sugar should be good or if you are on sugar-high, you may add up to 160g of sugar (highly not-recommended!!!!). But if anything happen to you, don't blame me!

Good luck & enjoy trying!

No comments: