Pages

Sunday 10 April 2011

"It's a blue SUN-day!"

Today, Sunday, just like its name, very SUNny & HOT!! And other than that, I am now super-free & somewhat boring. All of my assignments have done (and I somewhat miss the pressure of doing assignments!). Well, at least I have something to do, even though always struggling it at the last minute.

Back to the real reason of this post. I feel bad lately, especially after I sent-in my Culinary Arts 2 Interim Report. That is my last ever assignment for my course. I feel bad no because I am afraid for my score or whatsoever but it is because I know that after this assignment, I will soon leave & go for my job training. The fact is that I will soon LEAVE this college. Can't believe I say this but yeah, this is the place I first started to be a real chef & be called as a chef. 

I don't like to say goodbye. Nobody does! It is super-hard to say a farewell to all of my friends that cook with me, laugh with me and bare my bad temper & strict attitude in the kitchen. 

But as a chef, you have to accept it. As a chef, you don't stay in a place or kitchen for too long. The maximum time you can stay in a same place is like 5 years. After that, you should go out & find another new kitchen to work in, to learn new thing, new recipe, new skills & new experience. Except that is your own one & only  restaurant or the hotel pay you a huge sum of money. 

So, I accept the fact that I am a chef & I need to move on!

For what I can see now, some of my friends really have a bright future awaiting for them ahead. Part of them will work in some big hotel & restaurant, part of them will have their own restaurant, part of them will be private chef cook for some big name people & some of them will be lecturer chef. 

Some other, need to struggle a bit before they can totally get into the business, and some, won't involve into this industry at all or just for awhile then leave for another life. 

But whatever it is, I will pray for them for whatever they will be doing in the future. I wish that after 10, 20, 30 years, I still can seeing them in the kitchen, shouting at the chefs under them. Good luck to everyone of them & God bless!

The term of "chef", although frequently used to describe anyone who cooks, is considered a mark of respect by those within the profession. The tittle in one that can only be earned through delight practise and dedication. Those chefs who have made or will make the most lasting impression in this industry know that their success depends on their ability to fulfil many different roles....
Author unknown

7 comments:

Charline said...

Wahh~ U'll finish before me. :) Good luck kay in whatever u'll be doing later. No more just Adrian. Now, Chef Adrian. :DD *salute

Adrian Mak said...

Hahahaha. Thanks for the wish. Soon, you will be the same. Chef Charline. Don't worry, I will wait for you to work together.

Charline said...

Haha~ Eventhough I doubt about working together in the future but who knws kan?

jhellybean said...

Gonna miss you Chef T__T

Adrian Mak said...

Oh...going to miss you guys the most!

-Virut- said...

IM GOING TO MISS YOU GUYS AS WELL!! oooohhh let's have one last party after we've done with this sem yo! ;D

Adrian Mak said...

Bah...when will that happens?