Pages

Saturday 9 April 2011

"Yesterday was wonderful, fun, exciting, sweet, memorable, delicious, and last forever!"

Done with my Culinary Arts Final Test on yesterday. I was so wanted to blog about this on yester-night but I was so freaking tired. Never mind. I still can write about yesterday on tonight. 


I cooked the foods as I have stated on my previous post. But only until yesterday, a small changes have been changed. I did not have enough time to make the Granita. It did not freeze-up & I have to serves it. So, plan changed, Pineapple & Lemonade Granita into Pineapple Juice & Lemon-grass Lemonade.

Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad (Appetiser)

Menudo Rojo-style of Beef with Pandan Rice & Apple Fritters (Main Course)

Pouched Gulaman with Pineapple Juice & Lemon-grass Lemonade (Dessert)

All the comments about the foods were great! We receive almost 100% of good review except for the juices. Too sweet! Blame it on the chef who made it, me! The reason is, I was trying to make it as Granita, not juice. If it was a Granita, the taste will be perfect. Juice, just too sweet. But whatever it is, all the foods were good & delicious! 

And of course, I will not get so many compliments on the foods if without these two girls. They are the chefs & mastermind who provide me these recipes & taught of how to doing it. 

L-R: Liza Pelonio, Chessa Gonzales & me, Adrian Mak

My apology for what happened to my eyes in this picture. Just the right moment  for the wrong timing. 

They are the best chefs I ever cook with. I can see their increasing of skills & self-confidence throughout the whole time we been in group. And I am so happy that they willing to let me show the basics & appreciates for whatever I have taught & told them. Both of them are quality chefs. And the future for them are super bright. 

Chessa told me about her dream, and that is what I can see in her. I see that her dream will come true. She just need to practise more on her skills, increase her self-confidence & bravery, and everything will be fine. I am sure I will see her in the future as one of the most well-known chef in Asia.

Liza, a confuse, silence yet, smart chef. She don't talk much, she don't ask much & she don't complain much but she can work & she can work without much supervising. She have a clear mind of what she need to do & do it perfectly. But one advice for her, make up your mind of what you want to be in the future. For now, she is just like a head-less chicken. Not knowing where to go. 

But in this group, there will never be perfect if without the other two chefs, who didn't get together in my group for some reasons. That is Elvira Dosmin & Bernstein Lim.

Virut, it is okay for the critics. Without critics, we will never grow & improves. It is hard, of course, but it is good for us. Just like what I have told you that day during class, I really see that will be your future. But if you willing to hang on a little while, you might seeing things differently. What facing us ahead is a challenge. Our life will never get easy. 

Bernstein, this will be the most creative bastard you will ever seen. His style of cooking is unique. He never follows any recipe. He cook whatever he sees on the table. The future I see in him, he will open up a restaurant & he will create a whole new kind of cuisine. He will not belong to any kind of cuisine. He is belong to himself & cook his own kind of food. His style of cooking; big, meaty & flavourful. Just wait & see. 

Me, myself? I have it in mind & want to keep it secret until I reaches the achievement I wish for. Once the world haven't ended yet, I will work my arse to get there.  Pray & wish me luck. 

And last word, I will always pray for four of you. You guys truly made my day in the kitchen during college. You are the best group member that I ever have & will never get anyone as brilliant as you guys in the future. We are still the best team in Western Cookery & Culinary Arts 2. Good luck & God bless!


1st time was luck
2nd time, we're great
3rd time, WE ARE THE BEST!


*All pictures are credited to Chef Jhellybean Jabone

5 comments:

-Virut- said...

paling manang! hahaha i think i eat too much during that day haha

-Virut- said...

from what ive learned that day;

-NEVER be too overconfidence, it's cool bha mate, everyone learn everyday ;D

Adrian Mak said...

Ya lah. The greater your confidence is, if you failed, the greater it hurts!

jhellybean said...

THANKS FOR THE CREDIT CHEF! NICE BLOG BY THE WAY. :D GODBLESS CONTINUE BLOGGING.

jhellybean said...

THANKS FOR THE CREDIT CHEF! NICE BLOG BY THE WAY. :D GODBLESS CONTINUE BLOGGING.